JANUARY 1

1939 1:20 This is the beginning. So many times I've felt that I wanted to put down what I feel from day to day. And 1:30 - That was last night - Virginia stayed all night with me - we talked until 5 o'clock - it was more fun than I had expected to have! - Now I'm tired + my head is full of E. drawing
1940 - So soon! - another year... So much has happened. Perhaps what I've written the past year has been rather superficial. I shall try to fewer happenings and more experiences.
1941 - DEAR GOD ! - 
GIVE ME STRENGTH
AND COURAGE -
GOODNESS,
TRUTH -
BEAUTY-
1942 12:35 DIDN'T FEEL BLYTHE... Very WINTER - Took folks to dinner. Mother's flowers finally came (Probably selfish impulse that made me send'em - I love them so much) Stan called. We listened to records w/ Carp + Minnie. He has technique, but no finesse (No Leonard)
1943 MIGOLLY I WAS TIRED TODAY; COULD HARDLY STAY awake THROUGH dinner... SLEPT till 12:00... JOHN K. CAME OVER AND TOLD ME ABOUT NEW YEARS AT THE Town Club (I'M GLAD WE WERE WHERE WE WERE) WE WENT FOR A WALK. John SAYS R. HOW'D # HAS HAD PANGS SIMILAR TO EMIL'S... I SUPPOSE WE ALL SHALL BECOME INURED TO BEING AWAY FROM ONE ANOTHER -