JANUARY 10

1939 12:00 - Carlson mentioned getting Scholarship to Dramatic School again - (If I could only go!) - 
And me with an 8 o'clock tomorrow (that's what comes of playing bridge!) I picked the 10 best movies of '38 for the paper today - lousy job
1940 11:30 Wed. Carp wanted to go to the show - But wonder of wonders I said it was too late (After creative writing) Dr. S met with us.
1941 12- PAUSE FOR JOKE - FREDDIE'S EX-FLAME WAS HOME FOR CHRISTMAS - THUS, MY ENTHUSIASTIC WELCOME! BLANCHE TOLD ME ABOUT IT, FINALLY AT THE PANTRY (FREDDIE HAD SEEN HER + ALLAN TUES!). I WAS REALLY RELIEVED TO FIND OUT THE REASON HE HADN'T CALLED... CAME HOME, WAITED UNTIL 7:30, THEN SETTLED DOWN TO A LONESOME WEEKEND - AND HE CALLED... SO DAMN GLAD HE DID... PLAYED RUSSIAN BANKED... HE TRIED SO HARD TO TELL ME ABOUT IT - AND I COULDN'T... I DIDN'T WANT TO
1942 12- finished tempera panel - painted all day; Felt lousy but it didn't affect me much. Everything is War dominated - much. It is too serious. Chils, Marie + DJ were over
1943 SUN 1:45 It is too bad we didn't talk with each other before - isn't it? ...I FINALLY FOUND THE RIGHT MOMENT + SAID WHAT I WANTED TO SAY - AND WAS GLAD I DID... IF WE CAN'T BELIEVE IN US now - WHAT CAN WE BELIEVE IN ? [WE saw G.W. Slept Here]came home after walking by D.J.'s - and then talked] DAVID CAME OVER THIS afternoon