JULY 10

1939 Mon. This morning I had $75 in my purse. Now it holds a quarter… I paid $50 out at school (I get awfully depressed about my tuition) – tonight Peg + Nessa + I saw Lawrence Olivier – In the L. Shop we were sure 3 men had some dark plans! – I got Iver to walk with us down the alley where the care was pkd.

1940 Wed. Worked all day – Bob + Del + I walked out (in a deluge of rain) to see Leonard – Blossom was “entertaining” him – I wouldn’t be at all surprised she’d land him – What determination.

1941 Gee, Harwich isn’t nearly as much fun – old opera house – fire trap. – Going back in station wagon was fun – radio. – breeze + stuff

1942 FRI WENT TO LEMARS WITH BETTY JOHNSON… SAW MRS. REEVES… I HOPE BETTY STAYS THERE, IF SHE GETS the JOB… TALKED W KLUCKHOHN. (HE THINKS I SHOULD GO TO Graduate SCHOOL!) WE SAW LEE off FOR MLPS… GUS LENT US HIS CONVERTIBLE… WE WENT OUT TO Billy’s AND DANCED… LEONARD STAYED – HE’S GOING TO MINNEAPOLIS TOMORROW… THERE WAS music!

1943 SAT A darling letter form Leonard I love. Ruth Bach + Agnes Hyde coming. Cleaned the apartment. Read + napped. Didn’t mail my package until tonight. And saw, George Krikorian with anozzer woman!