AUGUST 21

1939 Mon 11:55 Swell day – Perfect – talked to Mr. Eide about everything - + Marie is staying with me to-night. Mick called – he has been in Pittsburgh

1940 Migosh, maybe 2 weeks from today I will be teaching school. Went down to LeMars – Perfect set up I don’t crave to teach, but I think it is worth $1050! – Mr. K. was swell. Husk, Jeff + Clyde picked us up after the show tonight.

1941 Thurs Jo got a $1125 job at Phillip – Gee, I’m so darn glad! Was ambitious this morning, accomplished a little. – Went out to school… Brandon to the movies tonight

1942 FRI GEE WHAT AN AWFUL AFTERNOON… Everyone WAS owly… I WAS QUITE UPSET over LEONARD’S OBVIOUSLY BEING UPSET… I WANTED TO TELL HIM THAT MY DATE WITH Stan LAST NIGHT DIDN’T MEAN A THING BUT I COULDN’T … HE SAID HE’S “sick of love” I offered TO comfort him w/ APPLES

1943 SAT