OCTOBER 8

1939 Sunday again. – It wasn’t so bad as usual, at least there was a foot-ball poster to design + cut just to break the monotony (and drive me crazy!)

1940 12:00 WELL, imagine, I almost enjoyed myself to-night. I was sort of dreading to go to the “Teacher Bridge Club” And it turned out not grim at all.. Still don’t feel like I belong though… God, if I can live through these next five days + accomplish something, I shall be grateful! –

1941 Wed Wonder if anyone else besides me realized there were 4 of us who have dated L. over at Mary Hanson’s tonight. They are certainly sweet gals – I’m tired – Oi – That Lecture –

1942 THURS Designed the letterhead for the CLUB’s stationary… had lunch with Mr. Spitznagel + Don Douthit. Dug up Durwood folks to audition for them… Caught only a fleeting glimpse of LEONARD today… wonder if he feels a little ashamed – the way I do – about last night

1943 FRI WE WENT TO Early to Bed… (I’D LIKE TO BE IN JUST ONE PRODUCTION SOME TIME)… QUELLE DAMOSELLES… WE WENT TO Martini’s AFTERWARD… WITH SOME FRIENDS OF HERMAN’S. – I LIKED AL – I TALKED TO TWO MIDSHIPMEN, WHILE WAITING IN HOPES OF SEEING VIC… THEY WANT DATES FOR THE DANCE! I WON TONIGHT! ! !