JANUARY 12

1939 9:50 Boy, did I last! I've never felt more alive than I have today... I talked with Mr. Eide half the afternoon. He is perfect. - I can't be quite platonic about him!
(E. paid $50 on my tuition - gee, I'm grateful)
1940 Fri Well, I spent my money - It wasn't as much fun as I had hoped... Because it had been so long delayed, I guess - Got some "flat" heeled brown spectators which I've wanted for several months.
1941 I WOULD GIVE QUITE A BIT TO KNOW RIGHT NOW WHERE FREDERIC IS + WHAT HE'S DOING - "STAG PARTY" - MY EYE - BETTY SAW HIM WITH THE BABE OVER AT REMSEN - MADE ME FEEL PRETTY LOW - WAS HE LYING OR NOT WHEN HE BROKE THAT DATE THIS AFT?
1942 12:30 Guess I'll sleep with Mother... Rooted around down town; bought a blue suit new shoes! - Made out test this aft. took me hours to type it. (L measured my new heels - just right)
1943 10:30 And I'M GOING TO BED - A RELIEF TO, FOR A CHANGE!... DIDN'T DO MUCH EXCEPT BUY MARG'S BABY A PINK SHAWL, MEET Virginia FOR LUNCH, GO OVER TO All Saints TO SUGGEST THINGS FOR REC. Room. EMBROIDERED "M" ON NIGHT-shirt