JANUARY 20

1939 10:45 I'm through with tests + registering! - And am I relieved! - Talked with Eide this aft. - There are some marvelous "Spanish Castles" built down in that art room! - He mentioned the possibility of a gob that would work into buying for a millinery department. It sounds much too good to be true. I told H I couldn't go to Plymouth this summer, possibly next
Mary, Virginia + I went to Young. Nothing at all what I expected _ but very entertaining. V. - I'm pretty sure had a date afterwards.
1940 Jan 21 1:30 Sunday - When I don't go to church, I feel like a pagan, when I do go to "" - I usually end up preferring my own salvation. I felt especially pagan today. - Hated myself - Went to Ninotchka - waited for the telephone
1941 Jan 20 2:15 Today President Roosevelt was inaugurated into the unprecedented 3rd term - started out fun - what to do tomorrow? Must accomplish - Heard a wonderful Polish pianist - worth the effort of going to Sioux City - Mary + I enjoyed it so much - Liszt, Rachmaninoff - Bach!
1942 Tues 11:15 (8:00 faculty meeting. ugh!) Bitter disillusion - Bill + Leonard picked up a coupla gals over at the Hen last night! - They didn't show up all day. Peg + I did over frescoes + went to game tonight. Saw Leonard at Palace. He went to a funeral.
1943 12- I FEEL LIKE I WANT TO HIBERNATE UNTIL IT GETS WARMER... I WALKED DOWN TOWN THIS MORNING (20 SOME BELOW) AND HAD TO WAIT ages FOR A BUS TO COME HOME  tonight... HAD LETTERS FROM BOTH DON (in N. Guinea) AND STAN... MOTHER ASKED ME WHAT I'D DO IF EVERYONE COMES HOME AT ONCE! BOUGHT THE Beige BOYS JACKET - WORKED A FEW BUTTONHOLES.