JANUARY 24

1939 11:35 Tuesday - Am I mad! We have a test in E. Dr. It will take me a good day to do it! I didn't get up till 10:30 this morning - It was fun while it lasted!
1940 Wednesday - I think that perhaps I'm slipping back to normal again... I should after all the un-called for rest I've been getting... Got another letter from "Mlle" - asking for my size + congratulating me - It isn't just a dream then.
1941 12:30 - Thank God it's Friday - Maybe tomorrow I can get something done! Hm... Game tonight... Harley + Bob picked me up aft. dinner; they were mad - so played a beautiful game! - We went over to Mary's afterward for coffee - No Freddie
1942 SAT Didn't go to the State- Auggie game, too darn tired - Stayed home + washed clothes, etc. - Reports from Pearl Harbor inc. were released - AWFUL - I must write some (16) letters tomorrow!
1943 2:30 I JUST FINISHED A LETTER TO Emil; I DOUBT IF HE FINDS SOLACE IN IT - AT LEAST THEY WERE MY HONEST CONVICTIONS, though. EXCEPT FOR LETTERS [Paul, Stan, Bob R.] I ACCOMPLISHED LITTLE TODAY - Golly - ARE MY FEET COLD!!