JANUARY 27

1939 Friday 12:00 Game tonight - We won. Smooth fast playing. Today I wore a blue sweater that Eleanor gave me. I'll have to wear it often. Everyone thought I'd lost weight.
1940 Sat. Amazingly enough, I was not all depressed today - Marguerite's fella didn't come to town after all so we went to the very amusing Cary Grant Rosalind Russell movie.
1941 11- Gee - where does TIME go? - started doing stuff right after dinner - no wrk really done yet - But, nuts, I'm going to bed. Perfect letter from E. - Freddie ate lunch with me. E. thinks I should quit dating F! - ? - Gee 4 days + I'll be home - Yippee!
1942 Tues Babe, you certainly wasted this evening you might even have made the effort of going to bed early! - Wilber came to History of Art class! Going to come alla time. oi oi. Hope have more pressure to bear by tomorrow.
1943 WED LOWEST I'VE BEEN FOR AGES... HOW FOOLISH TO CRY IN A DEPARTMENT STORE... I THOUGHT I WAS BETTER ABLE TO CONTROL MYSELF... ELEANOR SEEMS QUITE WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING. COLLECTED MY CHECK FROM MISS FARLEY (watchband) ...MY PROOFS ARE awful... (I HOPE THEY DIDN'T CUT THE CURL OUT OF Leonard's HAIR)