JANUARY 28

1939 1:30 Got the house cleaned by 10:15 - out at school from 11 - 5:30 Completed one problem. Tonight I washed my clothes, hair + me - At least, I'm clean.
1940 Sunday - 2:30 - Marg + I went to church today. - I washed the dishes while the folks went to a show (Enjoyed myself thoroughly) - 8 of us went skating tonight and really had a "loop" as D.J. would say + over to Donna's afterward.
1941 And why did you have to be so greedy today pie + ice cream - coke - ugh - Afraid I'm making mistake of living for the weekend; when I can go home again. - Wish I'd really have a build up, instead of the habitual let down... FEEL - FAT - UGH - 
1942 10:30 Felt like I'd been beaten about the head all morning. But swell, now - Leonard + Bill didn't show up for Tech - so I raced home from Cr. Wr. to avoid them.
1943 THURS THE MOST DIFFICULT THING I'VE EVER done... TO TELL Leonard I'M GOING WEDNESDAY... HE WAS NOT PREPARED; THOUGHT I'D WAIT TILL Bob WENT... HE WAS MARVELOUS THOUGH. I CRIED, SOME... I HOPE IT DIDN'T MAKE IT HARD FOR HIM... HE'S BEEN FEELING VERY SELF-DISCONTENT... I'M GLAD TO SEE HIM FACING HIS PAST INDISCRETIONS WITH FORTITUDE and DECISION. HE IS SO MUCH MORE ADULT THAN BEFORE.