JANUARY 29

1939 11:45 Sunday Mother + I went to church - (I must go more!) I was glad we did. E + I went for a ride + later to a movie Heard Noel Coward on the radio.
1940 Monday - Well, Mlle - is out, and I haven't seen it yet! - Jean V. called me up + told me my suit rated a full page cut on page 80 - It is the navy blue reefer that I had hoped! - I am pretty excited... Stayed home all day doing "Vogue" - n.g.
1941 11:00 Inevitable procrastination... funny how I'd rather go to bed than work! - Pay Day, today... Wish I could save more than I do - I now have $400 - not bad; (but $200 of it really isn't mine) A few things I want to get, though. Sent in Subs to Mlle
Swell letter from Bob. -
1942 12:20 Well, dope, you're missing out on $500 prize Mlle Sh. Story. tsk tsk DeGray Concert. He is tres sooper. Relented + spoke to Bill + Leonard
1943 FRI I HAD EVERETT KROEGER TAKE MY PICTURE; HOPE THEY ARE good... IT WAS FUN, SORT OF. WE BOTH HAD SWELL LETTERS FROM Emil (HE URGED Leonard TO MAKE OUR RELATIONSHIP PERMANENT) I HOPE HIS VISIT WILL NOT BE DISASTROUS. WE WALKED DOWN and MAILED Peg's LETTER AND OUT TO SCHOOL... TO THE ART ROOM - DARK and WARM WITH PAST and PRESENT EXPERIENCES with LEONARD... HE SHOULD HAVE GONE HOME earlier, I KNOW.