MARCH 14

1939 11:15 - Girls were over for "pot-luck supper" Decided that 10 years from now we'd all be old maids I have a crick in my back.
1940 12:10 Marg + I went to C.J.'s "Night M.V." I 'd have given a lot to have played in it. I've always wanted to wear horn rims. Bob E. was good. We heard from E. today. Really I'm scared to go; but still I wouldn't miss it!
1941 12:00 Hope I can really sleep - feel a mess, rather... Eleanor was right once more. I should have let well enough alone - Betty says Fred + M.E. are going to be married practically right away. I hope they will be very happy. Frederic deserves it certainly.
1942 SAT LA DE DA... and he wants to see me tomorrow night, too! (Hope he still feels that way then!) - We went over to Jean's - talked - coffee + cookies. She brought us home. Darling Gel. I payed my income tax today - And the Dentist. Didn't buy a damn thing new. Wish I had! 
1943 SUN HERMAN AND THE DAY TURNED OUT NICELY. HE GAVE ME A GOLD BRACELET; TOLD ME HE WAS IN LOVE WITH ME! I WOULD HAVE PREFERRED TO HAVE KEPT THINGS LESS INVOLVED. BUT AT LEAST IT'S BEEN SETTLED. HE WAS SWELL ABOUT EVERYTHING. UNDERSTOOD. HE KNOWS NOW, I'M IN LOVE - NOT WITH HIM. I MISSED Leonard SO HARD IT HURT - WISHED IT WERE HE WITH ME. HE TOOK ME TO DINNER - I WAS RAVENOUS (we WALKED ABOUT 8 miles)