MARCH 15

1939 10:50 I feel swell except for my back (+ my arm where Wyman hit me). If I don't get going pretty darn quick it's going to be pretty bad
1940 3:00 Friday Was to have been a civic Music C. gal got a cold - So Donna + I (after cok-ing at Palace) got Bob + Leonard + went over to her house for coffee... I like Leonard altogether too much
1941 Sat - It's beginning to hurt, now. My pride more than anything else I guess. I suppose I can stand it. Mary went to Chicago for her clothes. I half hoped Fred would call. I'd like to talk with him just once - "Intermezzo" - Got receipt for $135.50
1942 SUN GEE, this is confusing!... We made the mistake of going out to school tonight. The "clandestine" nature of the situation came home to Leonard for the fist time... I was terribly inarticulate... To church with Mother - Took folks to dinner.
1943 MON PAID ONLY A QUARTER OF MY TAX (50!) AND KILLED MY PORE, LAME BACK + CHARLIE HORSED LEG WALKING SOME MORE... MRS. WOLFE (I SAW HER) SAYS I'M TOO FAT FOR HER! I DIDN'T EVEN GET A CHANCE TO SHOW HER MY PICTURES, dammit. PEG + I HAD OUR hair FIXED - BY RUDOLF - WHO gratifying LIKED ME. I'M TIRED...