MARCH 4

1939 1:45 Talked + talked after playing bridge. Marguerite + I certainly agree... I feel awful. I ate all day.
1940 Monday 12:00 Inevitably - I had a sneaking suspicion there was another quizz due - pretty soon! - 20th!
1941 9:45 Well, I guess I'll have to really start writing... this is the last thing I can think of "to do" - I hope it can produce... It will be just 4 weeks from tonight... (I shudder to think what must take place before then)
1942 11:00 Well, I baffled them I guess. It would have been much more fun if Kraus hadn't let it out of the bag. I wonder what Leonard thought of White Night? I went to looks with Bill, Emil, Wilbur, John K -
1943 12:45 I DIDN'T EVEN MIND GETTING UP THIS MORNING! AND I WAS THERE BEFORE "HERMAN" (HE BOUGHT THE TICKETS FOR NEXT Friday! - joy) FINISHED MY LAY-OUTS, WORKED UNTIL SIX - LIKE THEIR ART dept. HERMAN BOUGHT ME A DRINK ACROSS THE STREET. (JARV CALLED yesterday) DATE W/ H FOR SUNDAY. Mickey AND I SAW SHADOW OF A DOUBT... I HOPE MR. KRIKORIAN CALLS tomorrow!