MARCH 5

1939 10:50 I hope I never spend another Sunday like this again! - After this I'm going to Church + do something. I wasted the whole day... the only job I did was washing dishes + my hair - I felt pretty awful about spending another dateless Sunday Evening  - But I'm a fool to mope about it!
1940 Tues - I'm practically incoherent with fatigue - Everyone was mean today - I seem to inspire it - Leonard is the only one.
1941 11:45 I WISH HE WERE AROUND TO WEEP ON THIS YEAR - IF ONLY METAPHORICALLY... LAST NIGHT I WORKED TILL 2:00... TONIGHT I TYPED PART OF IT AFTER DINNER - UNTIL 10:30 + I GOT SCARED BEING IN THE BUILDING ALONE - I MISS MY WALKS - I'M NOIVUS AND PEOPLE ANNOY ME - MOSTLY BLANCHE -
1942 12:00 After all this time Peggy Bell + I finally got together again. She is irrepressible as ever... Told me amazing tale about Bev. Carlson! - My slip kept showing all day. Straightened up around.
1943 12:30 Anyhow, I got my ration book and my check cashed (otherwise I wasted today) Met Peggy after her lesson. We ate at the Automat, dessert at a Petrified Forest Drug Store where the disturbing soda jerk argued with us. Then a horrible man scared me in the subway. Felt neurotic all evening. Stopped at Saint Patrick for Leonard.