MARCH 6

1939 10:40 This can't be me because I feel so well - Someone gently shoved me a few inches forward in the hall I turned around + he walked down the stairs without even looking my way - (It must have been my frilly fresh white blouse) Later I interviewed him for the Mirror... I'm not so afraid of him any more - The Plays even off swell - I'm going to do the rations for the F.B. Banquet again 25th - It would save a lot of problems if I got a date.
1940 Wed. I have suddenly realized it's only 2 weeks until vacation + Chicago (supposedly!) How can I get everything done?
1941 Thursday - And I suddenly realize (like hell - I've been counting the days) its 4 weeks until Easter Vacation + Chicago. Darn, I'd still like to put on the Terrible Mech, too. - I'd have to re-write THAT - worked 8:00-6:30. 8:11:00.
1942 Friday! Civic Music. All I did was sit there + think about Leonard, dammit! Did the patterns over for R.N. Phillips nursery... I'd better put in a hill. We printed Etchings. - Spring today.
1943 1:00 SAT. (I WONDER where LEONARD IS - IF HE'S BEEN ASSIGNED TO A BASE YET)... FIRST BLOW; I WAS READY TO ACCEPT Scholastic, BUT THEY DON'T WANT ME UNTIL MAY 16! - HELL, I WANTED TO START WORK Monday... IT WAS A WET, miserable, HORRIBLE DAY... DIDN'T ANTICIPATE ENJOYING MYSELF, BUT I DID. Jarv + I WENT TO DINNER + a show.