APRIL 10

1939 2:45 - Worked all day. - 8:00 till 5:00 - Got home about 5:30 - Started getting ready washed out clothes, took a bath + stuff Joyful anticipation - But swell fun. - Marie is sleeping with me... She + Mick. I wish I knew exactly what Ray thinks of me.
1940 Wed... Krause thinks my copy is swell... I'm really pretty glad... proofread it after creative writing - I'm rather mad - Spence asked me to J. S. Blah
1941 Thurs I don't believe it, but here I am in Chicago... Eleanor looks so sweet... new Dobbs hat - bl. Suit... Sari + I had fun acting silly on the train... We were a little scared, though, I guess - Hamburgers at O'Conell's
1942 Friday 12:00 I suppose I should have kept out of this J.S. banquet; let them stir around by themselves - but golly... Worked all day on it. Tonight, too. I'm dead. Hope I last through tomorrow.
1943 SAT I'M LONESOME. NOT MUCH POINT TO ANYTHING. WISH THIS INTERVAL WERE OVER. GLAD WHEN I WON'T HAVE TO WORK ON SATIDY MORNINGS. SLEPT SOME THIS AFT. WASHED ME UP TONIGHT SPIC + SPAN. BOB + PEG WENT TO A DANCE AT THE Ritz! 
A MAN GAVE ME daisies.
I HAVE A SORE THROAT. I'M A MESS.