APRIL 11

1939 12:50 - I got up with Marie and ate breakfast - went back to bed until 12 - wrote my column went out to school. Peggy, Nessa + I pleasantly wasted the aft. - Ray was over tonight - I guess I'm getting my experience all right!
1940 Thurs 12:00 - Bill still says he's very much in love... I still don't believe it. We drove up to Laverne tonight... I hope to be through with copy, etc., by Sat.
1941 Fri We just got back from My Sister Eileen... which was really priceless. We had dinner at home... fun... the 2 of us... wore my feet off this morning in Field's - bought nothing... Had lunch at Henri's
1942 12:55 Shirley asked me this morning to come to the banquet. I'm glad I'd had my mind made up beforehand not to go - I think I decided the right way (for a change). Chils + I went to a show
Leonard et al came in Choc. Shop
1943 WE TOOK Bob TO THE TRAIN; I WONDER when I'LL SEE HIM AGAIN. PEG'S MARVELOUS - AND CONFIDANT. Bob + I WENT TO GREEK ORTHODOX CHURCH. WE 3 HAD DINNER AT THE GOLD RAIL; I WROTE Leonard THIS AFT - NAPPED INTERMITTENTLY. WE ATE. TALKED. THAT'S ALL.