APRIL 21

1939 1:15 Friday We went to chapel to-gether - I wrote a Shakespeare test on "Othello" - worked this aft. - Jeanette MacDonald was in town. We went downtown to catch a glimpse of her before the concert and didn't - Ray + I went to a movie. He told me I looked like Constance Bennet! I've definitely got to hold on to myself a bit more.
1940 12:00 - My God, what a mess! - Dad really made a scene when I came in tonight. If mother feels that way, I'd give up Bill that quick... I'm sure I'm not going to fall for that mug. -
1941 oh hell!
1942 Tues Oh lonely evening + blue. - Mother went to Brookings today. (Beg pardon, bridged an election). Rhoda Meyer came out to school this afternoon. She's swell. I washed clothes.
1943 11:30 MRS. STOTE LIKED Baby Shoes. I WAS GRATIFIED... I SENT A REGISTERED letter + 2 PACKAGES (DRESS, CANDY) TO MRS. L.C. UTLEY OUT IN MARKET THIS afternoon. WITHOUT MUCH success. CAME HOME TIRED, PEG + I HAD DINNER + WENT TWO A MOVIE - "Hired Wife"! - SHE IS rather DOWN. I'LL MISS HER