APRIL 22

1939 12:45 Sat gr-r-r - I had to work all day. - and I made a mistake every 5 minutes. Glenn said (when he had to shoot some stuff over for me that he'd do anything for the "little blonde" - so Georgia told me!) - "little" - I love that - Too bad he's engaged I really intended to relax this evening, but played bridge at Marguerite's - I haven't been seeing nearly enough of the girls - Ray called right after M. - I was rather glad to have an excuse - no that I didn't want to see him - But mustn't so often
1940 I can barely manage to write about today - I have never been in quite such an emotional mess in my life - Last night's set to with Dad + then Jake + Mick this morning. Mr. Eide + Leonard + Mother helped.
1941 oh, that this hellish week were over - just got done recording grades - a farce. And such a lot of labor.
1942 Wed 12:30 oh sweet night - B.Boe hung around the art dept all day. She actually came to Creative Writing, too! - But Leonard the darling asked me out. We - + Bill + Shirley went out to Billy's. I'm reassured.
1943 12:30 GOT THE so beautiful PICTURES OF Leonard. I BURST INTO TEARS UNEXPECTEDLY WHEN I SAW HIM LOOKING LIKE HE THOUGHT OF ME... Gee, THEY ARE good. I'D FORGOTTEN HOW FINE HE IS, almost. I GOT A STORY ON BABY PANTS; A COUPLE SKETCHES. WE ATE AT HOTEL Madison THIS NOON; DONNA CAME OVER Mickey AND I LOOKED FOR Rooms.