MAY 3

1939 10:55 I am tired + dirty + feel dissatisfied with everything - I skipped creative writing to work on caricatures - Ray brought me home + I  ------- ! ! He felt swell
1940 11:00 I didn't go to work all day - Spent it cleaning up ad section which was literally a mess. I hope I wasn't too hard on Ross - But he's had 2 wks - Clara is so good to me.
1941 Anyhow, I went swimming today. PERFECT. Cold, tingly. 15 days of teaching school left. Had a date with Henry tonight. Never again.
1942 Sunday 3:00 Sara was home - she looked so smooth. After literally tearing me to pieces of disappointment + frustration, Leonard called - I felt shy + unnatural - for a while. Betty Boe was not included in our lengthy conversation.
1943 10:00 FINALLY A LETTER FROM DEAR Leonard... HE'S WRITTEN BOB + PEG ABOUT US - LIKE TO KNOW what HAD A RATHER DESULTORY DAY... WROTE TO MOTHER THIS MORNING, MRS. STOTE WAS ill... WE PUT THE BOOK TOGETHER LATE THIS AFT. - TILL six, IN FACT. MICKEY + I ATE UP TO THE SANDWICH SHOP. WELL... I'VE WRAPPED PEG'S PACKAGES. MUST GET TO BED early