JULY 22

1939 – Laughing again, I am! I found out why Ray has been so nasty – He was out to the dance Mon night – on the outside, looking in! – It must have burned him up plenty to see me there!

1940 12:00 I was in a stupor all morning – I hurt my back about a week ago, it still bothers me – I finally – about 1:30 stood under the hose – I’ve got to do it more often – Wow – exhilaration. Typed a letter to Eleanor – listed to moosic.

1941 ? Well, Fanny did okay. – Spent a dull afternoon wading through prop rehearsal… Like Dox Bury very much. Sara Murphy + Barbara Ives are going to New York. Maybe I can go with them

1942 WED ?

1943 THURS I’M BLUE… I WROTE HOME and HERMAN + LEONARD THOUGH. (MRS. STOTE HAS A TOUCH OF CLAY AROUND THE FEET. SHE CAN’T TAKE BLAME easily) I GOT DINNER + DID THE DISHES. I SHALL REBEL soon.