AUGUST 30

1939 Wed. 10:00 I guess I’ll live – I don’t know about my feet, however – Wow - $1 day. Clerking at Fantle’s – I could have worked at the new “Sylvia’s”, too. For the opening – I wrote a news story for to-night’s Argus – I am to do another “ad” for Friday –

1940 2:30 – Dull Blue Haze – Trying to get ready – Not being able to concentrate… Grey tweed jacket… dark eyes brown, strong hands, sweet mouth… I saw him for a moment tonight - … He must care a little –

1941 12:15 Sat (Wonder what happened to the plane – And there she flies – Somehow it symbolizes something exciting + beautiful to me. Hope I’ll be able to come in on one of ‘em someday…) Well, I have a bit more self-respect. Cleaned house, played tennis, went down town + started sewing a blue dirndl.

1942 SUN WAS FRUSTRATED acutely… LAY OUT IN B. YARD AND READ CHENEY A WHILE… DREW SOME MORE FIGURES FOR REC. ROOM and READ LOUSEE MAG. STORIES. *

1943 MON