NOVEMBER 24

1939 FRI. ROTTEN, LOUSY! - Went over plan with Mr. Eide and Leonard. - Okay - But sort of a let-down after all that pressure. - I never really know what to do next. - I felt so restless + depressed after walking home in the mist with Leonard.
1940 I'm still in a mist - only it's a fog, this time... I looked forward to seeing Freddie all day - Then act like a dope when I do - Nuts. His home is quite like I thought it would be... leather furniture... nice things... I was overcome with shyness, when I should have been vivacious. Can't I ever do anything right?
1941 Mon - GEE, I LIKE TO DRAW IN THAT SKETCH CLASS... LIKE TO HAVE A DEPT. PARTY! DID GESSO PANELS... I THINK LEONARD DELIBERATELY TRIES TO MAKE ME UNCOMFORTABLE... I'M IGNORING IT - OR TRYING TO - SPITZNAGEL WAS OUT - PSYCHIC - EMBARRASSING FAUT FAUX MATCH!
1942 TUES I STEPPED ON THEM A LITTLE - THEY QUIETED DOWN - FOR ABOUT HALF THE PERIOD... I'VE BEEN READING Nana - FRENCH REALISM - UGH... A SOUTH'N BOY - G.I. TRIED TO PICK ME UP THIS AFTERNOON - "HE SAID HIS NAME WAS GEORGE..."
1943