NOVEMBER 23

1939 THURS 2:00 I FEEL TOO MARVELOUS.  I guess its all the sleep I've been getting! Stayed home again this aft. - I really get much more done that way - people aren't always popping in and out - Dad + a duck came home - we had the latter + Bill + O for dinner - Went out to school. Bob is swell.
1940 3:00 Here we go again!... I actually think Frederick means what he says. He seems terribly sincere, at any rate. We went up to Sioux City with Blanch + Allan, Foggy - very - on way back. I felt very warm + secure + protected, however - Hope I sleep till 10 tomorrow... (Gee, I didn't write Mother!)
1941 1:30 SUNDAY - FOR YOUR 23 YEARS, DOPE, YOU CAN CERTAINLY BE ADOLESCENT - LIKE NOT BEING ABLE TO ACCEPT THE FACT OF
1942 MON 12 A-A-A-H, Fooey to teaching... Those gals are a bunch of little felines. WASHED MY HAIR THIS MORNING, TRAIPSED Down Town
1943