JANUARY 14

1939 11:40 tonight we lost the b.b. game with S. Falls College! Tommy played hard he was fouled out, though ( I could still like him an awful lot) today (Sat) I cleaned the house, washed hair + me + mimeographed 500 post cards
1940 11:30 Margaret + I went to A. Wolcott. He is the acme of raconteurs + besides he's marvelous. I really wonder if it is we who pass + change + that time is constant... That the future is already laid out! - Spitznagel said he's thought he has a job in a ritzy new house in the hills!
1941 1- WELL, I GUESS IT'S LOVE; BUT I'M NOT INCLUDED IN THE SET-UP... FREDDIE FINALLY CAME THROUGH... HE REALLY THINKS HE'S IN LOVE WITH HER AND HAS GONE WITH HER ABOUT 2 YEARS (HE SHOULD KNOW BY THIS TIME) - STILL SAYS HE WOULD LIKE TO GO WITH ME, THOUGH. AND WHO AM I TO TURN DOWN A FELLOW LIKE HIM... BUT I SUPPOSE IT WILL BE PRETTY PLATONIC... HOW BORING-
1942 1:09 Well, Mother's premonition was right. We met Eleanor on the 11:55. She's sleeping with Mother - Emil + I talked + walked this afternoon. My God - I wasn't wrong; I'm sorry.
1943 1:15 VIRGINIA + I WENT TO Once Upon a Honeymoon. WE HAD TO SWAT OUT MY CORNER IN THE BUFFET; IT MADE ME FEEL empty, TOO... FINISHED A POSTER THIS AFT... PEGGY WROTE - SHE + DONNA WILL MEET ME, THANK Goodness.