APRIL 1

1939 11:30 - Got home about 8:15, I suppose I could have had a "Reverse Date", but don't think I would have been up to it! Slept till 10:30 this morning. Went down to the coffee shop for breakfast - then out to the college - June + Clara won the women's debates 6-0. We ate dinner at the Harbor - I wore my b-green suit. Came home at 2:30 - I'm glad
1940 ha, the more I think about it, the surer I am Bill was lying in his teeth... Oh well. - Donna + I took B + Leonard to a Philo reverse date party tonight... I had quite fun. Leonard was on good behavior. I hope we can have a picnic with those kids some time. 
1941 Long sigh of relief! - The plays are not only over; but were definitely a success. The sets were good. The kids really made me feel proud of them. All's Fair + He Ain't Done Right by Nell will always stick with me - We sailed right through!  - And this too shall pass away
1942 Wed Gee, I was mad. Wilbur came to the door with me instead of Leonard! - Sometimes I swear he has no sense... It would have been more fun dancing out at Billy's if those kids hadn't a test tomorrow.
1943 11:15 I WISH I COULD GET OVER THIS tenseness. THROWS ME OFF ALL THE WAY AROUND; I INTERVIEWED MISS Fisher AT GIMBELS' - Mr. NICOLAS at LORD + TAYLOR BOTH SWELL TO ME... MET HERMAN FOR lunch AT THE CROSSROADS - NICE. DINNER DATE tomorrow... BALLET. WAITED FOR A HALF HR. FOR Peg - WE ATE AT THE Olde Gardens. WOULD HAVE BEEN FUN IF WE HADN'T HAD TO hurry
I was in HERALD TRIBUNE