MARCH 31

1939 I placed 4th - Not bad, not good either... This sort of thing is not for me, I fear. too much strain. Banquet + 6 of us went to the show. On the way out to school, I rode on Wyman's lap, on the way back he sat on mine! 
1940 Sun. Well I'm going to fill in the past several days in retrospect... I've done a lot of living since I last wrote in there... This is Morning + I have a helluva cold - 1st all winter + this is Spring! - Later: Well I don't know whether to blame it on the cold or Bill; but I certainly accomplished nothing today.
MOST MEN ARE RATS!
1941 It's a nice day today, etc. - etc. It's a nice day tomorrow? - Gee, I'll be relieved when it's over - Ngha... Saw Helen Jordon tonight. Beauooootiful - Found card from Mr. Spitznagel when I got back. Damn him why couldn't he have come tomorrow?
1942 Tues Mid Semester grades... harder on me than anyone else - Leonard's in a mess with Mather over his "Preface" - Gee I feel awful about it. Had Rhoda Meyer + Chils over for dinner. -
1943 WED 10:30 - I'M COMPLETELY TIRED. TODAY WAS A VERITABLE Baptism of Fire... GEE, WHAT A MESS. AND IN MY tired CONDITION... MRS. DAHL IS A FIEND TO WORK FOR; BUT SHE'S BEEN SWELL TO ME. WE ATE at THE DRUG STORE - ATE dessert (APPLES, Chocolate COOKIES) AT HOME WROTE TO Leonard! TOOK my Bawth