MARCH 16

1939 11:40 Thurs I think maybe I'm getting started not that I accomplished anything. But Ray + Wyman hekkled me to pieces this aft. Why is it everyone likes to tease me? I'm getting sick of it - P. Practice tonight then after b. ball game at S.F.C. Clara + I went over to Tommy's for M. Milks
1940 Sat 12:30 Mary Anne came today on her way to the Art Institute - She is exactly the same. But with more definite, stronger purpose. I'll probably see her in Chicago...
1941 10:45 Sun night + as usual I"m torn between the idea of working + bed. - So I'm going to compromise + work in bed (I hope!) - Well, my appetite was certainly not affected by my "broken heart" - tsk tsk - Waited all day for Frederic. - Of course, he didn't materialize.
1942 MON Yes, I was tired today... Just about went to sleep posing for sketch class... Peg and I went to Sullivans Travels... Out to Hen... talked...
1943 TUES 12:40 LOW EBB: MR. KRIKORIAN "LET ME KNOW" - in the MAIL, THE COWARD... I SHOULDN'T BE SO disappointed, BUT I AM. MISS GIBBONS WAS ALSO AT A FASHION MEETING WHEN I ARRIVED AT 9:30 THIS MORNING. I CHECKED BACK WITH HAUSNER + LUCY + THEN CAME HOME - WET + DEPRESSED. CLEANED UP THE Room - sent in McCann-Erikson application + played bridge