MARCH 17

1939 3:30 - and Eleanor isn't in yet... I've been up writing my oration which seems very unimportant right now. Mother + Dad went to see me in the play at school tonight + she was talking to someone on the phone when they went. I wish she'd get home. She didn't leave a note or anything + who she's been with, we don't know! - 3:45 and Thank God she's back.
The plays were very successful I have a new flame. Ray P. walked through the tunnel with me today.
1940 Sunday. Worked on Prix from 10-6 - Bill Clements called... My coy scheme backfired on me... I was going to be the one who kept him going, warned as I was! - Now, I didn't have a chance - not a prayer. What a mess. I don't think I should date him.
1941 That is Tristan + Isolde. I'm sure - poignant - unfulfilled... (Will it always be that way?) - I wish the next 3 weeks were over - + well done... I know everything will be okay. If it isn't it's my fault + no one else's - (Fred doesn't sleep nights)
1942 TUES GEE, and I was going to stay home tonight. Stan called. Phooey - I thought it was L, or wouldn't have said yes. I don't understand him at all. He isn't nearly as sweet as he was.
1943 THANK YOU, GOD, FOR WHAT HAPPENED TODAY LEONARD IS STATIONED IN Alabama, I WON ANOTHER Mlle CONTEST [$100 BOND + THE DRESS] AND MR. Krikorian WROTE ME A SWEET + REDEEMING LETTER. I FEEL BETTER. Golly I NEEDED SOMETHING GOOD LIKE THIS TO HAPPEN! Maybe I'll studio with Mr. Worman