MARCH 19

1939 Sunday 4:30 I rewrote my oration + wrote the script for the fashion show + studied + went to church - This is the latest I've been up for some time.
1940 Tues I could practically hear my nerves gingling up + down by the time I got through typing tonight. And I had felt so swell - Wild Moonlight geese flying - SPRING! 
1941 11:55 Wed. Wish I were "High on a Windy Hill"! and not so utterly nauseated with myself! Why do I insist on eating... Bridge Club at Baldwins... Guess what - won 1st prize - TOMORROW + TOMORROW E. sent a telegram
1942 THURS Bob Snook, Bob Gable + I did Columbus for the Press Club dinner... (Don't think they appreciated us fully!) Bought a Defense Bond + a Dickey - ha. It's snowing. D.J. + I went to All That Money Can Buy!
1943 FRI 3:00 EVE of ST. MARK - [I WAS THE girl. LEONARD the boy - IT WAS MORE THAN JUST A beautiful, FINE PLAY...] WE WENT TO THE Village Vanguard - CLASSY JOINT (.80 FOR A SLENDER SANDWICH)... SAW FIFI BROWN... MET MINA Berenstam FOR LUNCH... SHE IS lovely. HERMAN CAME THROUGH LIKE THE REST - (HOW CAN THEY MISTAKE ME?-) WITH A PROPOSITION!