APRIL 17

1939 11:20 Dog houses are really nice places - so I've found - Ray didn't think there was anything to do but go to a "cinema" - so I said "yes" - Mother + Dad said "no" - I went (I had already accepted!) I was surprised I had a good time... But after all, I should make up my own mind at 20!
1940 11:45 - I stayed home until my 3 o'clock class (- as usual didn't allow enough time to get ready) - It was 3:30 when I got these - Cr. Writing Clara + I had one of our conversational orgies
1941 (18) Oh DAMN! - ALL I HAVE TO DO IS COME HOME + IT RAINS - HELL - MARG + KENNY TOOK ME FOR A RIDE. DENNIS DID NOT CALL; DAMN THE IRISH, ANY HOW!
1942 Fri - Went to the play - It was really swell. - good transitions * Leonard is practically ill - Peg + D.J. + I coked at the barrell. We discussed marriage in the Art Room
1943 SAT FELT awful TODAY, UNTIL HERMAN CALLED TONIGHT, APOLOGIZED ABOUT LAST NIGHT. MY LONESOME, VERY BLUE, PERSPECTIVE SHIFTED QUICKLY; WENT TO AN EDITORS' MEETING THIS MORNING. (I LIKE HERR HAIRE)... SLEPT FITFULLY THIS AFT. NEVER SEEM TO ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING ON SATIDY'S