APRIL 19

1939 12:20 (Wed) Today I saw the wild geese flying. The sky was bright blue and 4 or 5 flocks went winging their way west... It was beauty... I worked this afternoon - went to a "church dinner" left in time for cr. wr. class and Ray brought me home... I've got to do something... I don't have a will of my own
1940 Virginia F's mother had us over to dinner... it was her birthday - Can we be getting to be 22? - worked down at Printers. -
1941 (17) - 1:00 - Makin' out a test... Worried... Oh Hell...
1942 Sun I DON'T GET IT, MISTER PAYNE... YOU CAN COMMIT YOURSELF on WEDNESDAY + THEN LEAVE ME TO MYSELF ON A WHOLE WEEK-END. JUST DON'T MAKE ME BITTER, that's all (faculty party. - picked crocuses)
1943 11:30 OF COURSE, IT RAINED BECAUSE IT WAS Monday... Mrs Stote + I enjoyed being alone - Out this morning did okay... PEG + I WROTE TO OUR LOVES; WE ATE RY CRISP.