APRIL 18

1939 10:40 I really accomplished very little today - But I enjoy doing nothing, I guess. J.S. committee meeting - I've got to start clicking on that. Wyman + I haggled - but not seriously.  - Ray came after me out to school this aft. We rode around a while. - When he brought me home - he took advantage of the fact that no-one was home - tsk tsk!
1940 11:00 - Men are rats... I went on a picnic with the gals tonight... because I wasn't home the 2nd time Bill called, he didn't call again - oh well, oh hell, tout passe. -
1941 (19) THERE IS SO MUCH PRETENDING. I SHOULD KNOW... BUT I GUESS YOU HAVE TO, TO SOME EXTENT... LEONARD CALLED AGAIN + HAD TO TAKE IT WITH BOB. IF HE REALLY WANTS ME, HE'LL KEEP IT UP I HOPE HE ISN'T PRETENDING!
1942 Sat OH FRUSTRATION... I'd been preparing myself all day for not having a date, but still couldn't help being miserable. Cut out plaid.
1943 SUN OH IT'S A BEAUTIFUL MORNING And it was quite a beautiful day. I wrote to Eleanor + Clara. Ate a nice dinner at Childs (Nat came with me) I walked down to Evelyn Nilsens' - where I was fed gingerbread and 5 cups of coffee! Didn't go to Carnegie! - Peg + I talked