APRIL 24

1939 11:15 I even felt slightly awful when I woke up this morning. But I felt better as the day wore on... Paid $10 of my own money out at the collitch this morning - Ray brought me home this noon + explained why he didn't call - He waited for me out at school to-night + I had gone home w/ Margaret - He called tonight there was a dust-storm. Now it rains
1940 Well - I'm dead - Clara + I had our usual post mortem after class - I don't think I'll discuss Bill with her anymore - to such length, I mean -
1941 Thurs. Not so bad - (But I have tomorrow to live through) Even I kept on top of that 7th period class. Talked too fast and lost my voice -
1942 FRI 12:00 D.J. + I just had another of our wild experiences. Got caught in a culvert - until we found the emergency break on! - I still don't know about that Tues night; but I do trust Leonard... And if anything did happen it is he who must tell me...
1943 3:45 I SLEPT UNTIL ABOUT 12:00 AFTER DINNER. GOT UP + WASHED MY HAIR + STUFF and FEEL THE BETTER FOR IT! ... Peg + I SAW Traviata THIS AFT, ATE spaghetti at TOFFENETI'S. Finally HEARD FROM DARLING LEONARD.