JUNE 14

1939 (13th) Monday I guess it must have been a little farewell party I attended Friday – but I didn’t know it! – This is the 3rd day I haven’t even heard from Ray. It’s certainly a good thing I’m not crazy about him, or I’d go wild (not just mad!)

1940 11:15 – Well I guess I’m letting myself in for it but I’ve got a swimming date with Bill Sunday! – He probably just wants to tell me off… what the hell – I’m tired of sitting around waiting for Leonard to do something

1941 You had to wait awhile, kid, but this is what you were asking for, wasn’t it? – It’s terrible to stay out so late (3:45? Anyhow, its getting light!) – But gee, maybe I won’t see him for a coupla months – oh hell –

1942 11:15 Sun “Lonely Evening” personified. Is it that I’m crazy about Leonard or is it I can’t take being by myself? I’m sun-burned. Out in back all morning. Went bike-riding w/ D.J.

1943 MON WE HAD A NICE DINNER; SULLY + I WENT TO Air Force… GEE, I’D LIKE TO BE OVER-SEAS. MAKES ME WANT TO BE in this! WE DID EXERCISES…LA… FEEL FAT… BUT I WAS QUITE happy + extroverted TODAY… BUT A HORRIBLE MAN LEERED AT ME IN THE BUS – FOLLOWED I got groceries, etc. letter from Leonard.