JUNE 15

1939 Thursday – After almost a week – a date – it wasn’t the same – Felt awful all day – no ambition – “Dodge City”

1940 2:00 Saturday – Played tennis – hot swell (I won’t wear that new pantie girdle to play in anymore!) Ate lunch with Jean V. talked with Emil + Leonard… Emil wanted me to break my date w/ Bill to go on a picnic tomorrow… Date w/ Spence

1941 June 16 – Oh hell – 2 days left – talked w/ Mr. Eide – I guess I’ll have to go to M! – Will I be at Auggie? – I’m getting a little more nerve about Plymouth

1942 Mon 12:45 – I had a date with Joe Johnson tonight. He is swell, but slightly alien to my nature, I’m afraid. In a way, I hope you called Leonard. In a way – not.

1943 TUES GEE, I’M TIRED… N-H-H-H-G. [PEARL GETS ALL THE PHONE calls!] … JARV DIDN’T call… HOPE HE HASN’T BEEN SHIPPED, yet. I HAVEN’T GOT STRENGTH FOR ANYTHING BUT BED. WROTE Leonard  LETTER ABOUT July Fourth… I DON’T KNOW ABOUT THAT.