JUNE 27

1939 10:45 Went out to school today to get started. I’m rather floored by the size of the job. Peggy, Nessa, Marguerite + I went on a steak fry. The park was full of 100’s of lightening bugs

1940 1:00 I am so very stupid. If only I had had this damn m – out beforehand… It would have been no trick at all… As it was I didn’t start until nearly 11 this morning – consequently didn’t finish until 12 tonight… (Now I won’t feel I have a right to ask $15) – I have a swollen Jaw – I am a mess and I think about Leonard entirely too much.

1941 – TSK – TSK – BROKE A RULE! NOT QUITE AS MUCH FUN AS I HAD EXPECTED – HENRY IS A NIZE BOY – BUT YOUNG – WENT SWIMMING TODAY – FUN – GOT A BANG OUT OF THE BOYS IN WHATALIFE

1942 SAT Was reasonably energetic… met Donna for lunch… Looked for a bathing skirt. No luck  * DJ + I went over to Shirley’s. Just as we were discussing the “boy” (Leonard specifically) in they walked

1943 SUN AFT – WE ARE DRAPED AROUND THE APT., MELTING… I’M VAGUELY NERVOUS… BUT NOT BADLY… I’M GOING TO TRY + BE more ORGANIZED… * WE HAD DINNER at HAMBURGER HEAVEN. I ENJOYED IT + (fore-got dessert). Sully + I went to Devil + Miss Jones.