JUNE 28

1939 Wednesday Drew sketches all day – I feel sort of lonesome tonight – I would like to have a date again. I read a book + listened to the fight tonight. It is the folks 34th anniversary + Dad isn’t even here!

1940 Friday… I talked with Mr. Epply today… My shot at interior decorating seems to be forthcoming – (Spitznagel is so darn marvelous to me) I was dead all day… We all took stuff over + ate at Farragher’s tonight… It is remarkable how the girls have remained together…

1941 Sat 1:30 Damn! – remind me not to be “generous’ with a man again! – I’m afraid someone else is cutting in on me… He looked very nize – Walked this aft to Mike Cisney on the beach + danced with Mr. Waldron tonight. Too bad they’re married!

1942 SUN 3:00 Gee, I FEEL awful. MOTHER DISCOVERED I WASN’T IN, AND CAME DOWN… I WAS ASHAMED OF MYSELF, yet I’D DO IT RIGHT OVER AGAIN… AT LEAST WE GOT SOME TALKING DONE (JUST MORE CONFUSING, rilly). HE + Wilber CAME OVER ABOUT 11:00. I’M PRETTY UPSET, I guess… WROTE TO EMIL.

1943 MON Oh God – I didn’t want it to happen this way! – first a card from New Orleans – saying he was going to West Coast (Embarkation?) – Then from Houston – no “ – Thank Heaven for that, anyhow… Mrs. Stote is sweet.