JULY 18

1939 Tuesday 9:00 I am completely tired out – I slept on the davenport after dinner. Ray came out to school this afternoon – He seemed very unhappy about something –

1940 2:00 Writing this by moonlight – I went to Lawrence Welk with Hunk tonight + thought about Leonard + Bill (I saw a gal in his car waiting for him when we drove past the garage before the dance – the louse – Hunk is so sweet to me… But scared

1941 Hell, one more day without sun + I will go home! At least I got my clothes washed today. Did a few sketches, had dinner with Jim Maxwell, (he took out Sally tonight!) talked with Mina, Donna wrote that Leonard quit at Coles!

1942 SAT 3:00 – PYROTECHNICS! – I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN HE’D BE THE JEALOUS TYPE… I TOLD HIM ABOUT LEONARD… HE WAS QUITE REVOLTING – IT WAS BROUGHT on BY HIS ASKING FOR A DATE for TOMORROW – WHEN I SAID IT WASN’T Ethical!

1943 SUN WE (AGNES + RUTH BACH) WENT TO RIVERSIDE CHURCH. I ENJOYED IT. I SHALL GO MORE OFTEN. HAD DINNER WITH GLADYS. [Fried chicken liver] + someone who had Wilmer in school! – We went to the Symphony… Brahms… Beautiful… I came home read. nap. that’s all.