JULY 28

1939 10:30 – Every night, I’m tired – all I ever want to do is sleep – Karl + Dorothy  - M R + Lee + babes were over for dinner tonight It was slightly bedlam-ated. Ruth brought me a little pin from Alaska

1940 11:45 if I had gone to Plymouth I’d have been due there today – I don’t know how I could ever have financed it – I hope it will be different next year! – I went up to the lake with the folks – it’s so marvelous up there I’d like to go + relax – utterly for about a week – I talked w/ Margie + V. tonight too much

1941 3:00 God, what a day! We started at 9:30 this morning + just finished now; I’m finished too. Rain, barn, sleepy, stomach ache.

1942 TUES Donna Jean CAME BY + WE PICKED UP MICKY AND WENT FOR A RIDE.. JOHN WAS HERE WHEN WE GOT BACK…. HE’S SELFISH… LIKES US TO HIMSELF… MOTHER + I BAKED COOKIES… CHOCOLATE… ummm… DAVID CAME OVER THIS AFTERNOON… HE WAS MAD! WE WENT swimming. R.H. # + LEONARD + I WENT DOWN TOWN

1943 WED Felt simply foul today. My throat’s sore… Came home, bathed, felt better. Listened to President, washed clothes. I think I’ll go to bed for a change. Mother wrote + Austin Killian!