OCTOBER 10

1939 Tues Invited gals to a luncheon for Sat. Finally got a letter sent off to Nessa – began to tell her about things. – Bob is going to take me to the banquet, etc. – Ray is in town! –

1940 12:00 I AMAZE MYSELF… FELT DOPEY ALL day… now swell… I suppose I SHOULD STAY UP + WORK SOME MORE, BUT THEN I MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO GET UP + GO TO SIOUX CITY TOMORROW. AND I WANT A LITTLE SPARKLE LEFT FOR RAY + “BABE” – I’LL BE GLAD TO SEE THEM… HOPE EVERYTHING “CLICKS’ – PHONED MOTHER TONIGHT. I GUESS SHE IS BETTER.

1941 Friday – Coronation. Felt glad because I helped Bob + in the deal – Booful. – Gold, cinnamon brown. Wilma is here.

1942 SAT Mother sewed the buttons on, so I could wear my red dress to the game (It’s nothing short of sensational!) I hadn’t expected to go, but we went with Harold ( I don’t like him) + June and assimilated Ruth and L afterward – slightly chaotic! !

1943 SUN YES, VIC WAS HERE RIGHT AT 9:00… HE’S INSANE… (HE’S STILL TALKING IN THE SAME VEIN)… WE FOOLED AROUND ALL MORNING… I GOT CLEANED UP + WE HAD DINNER AT THE G-RAIL – A NICE ONE… I WALKED HIM BACK TO J. JAY AT 5:45… HE IS SWEET; I DON’T WANT TO MESS ANYTHING UP FOR HIM, I’M SURE… I READ A LITTLE, BATHED + WASHED M’ HAIR.