DECEMBER 11

1939 Monday - Who should sneak up behind me today but Seely - I was talking to Leonard. Bob had warned me Ray was up at school, but I was still flabbergasted - He was at the game tonight, too. - And I don't think it would have taken much to get him to take me home - but I don't know
1940 10:30 Ye Gods! - here we go agin... I was going to stay home - never going to see Chuck again! - He picked me up after dinner - we argued for 2 hours and a half. He doesn't know it, but I won - ha. - Well, what if I did kiss him goodbye?
1941 THURS Mother + I stayed home tonight. I sewed some more on my white blouse. - Wish it were done. Didn't call Jean. She said L. was over.
1942 FRI WAS OUT with Paul... HE HAS BEEN TO Europe 3 TIMES... HIS MOTHER IS FRENCH - HE IS A NICE KID - VERA YOUNG... BUT IN LINE FOR A COMMISSION... WE SAW A MOVIE [I HAD WANTED to STAY HOME WITH THE RADIO...] ...IT WAS AWF'LY COLD AND I'M HALF ill. [Leonard CALLED!]
1943