DECEMBER 16

1939 Sat Made about 60 Christmas cards today - That's all - Rosalind is over here. - It seems good to sleep w someone. 
1940 11:00 4 more days! - Gee I can hardly wait! - I think I will go to Chicago. What's a few lousy dollars to me? Hope I can get a reservation on the "Hiawatha" - Hope I can make the dance, too. Am looking forward to it so much. Very little accomplished. 
1941 8:00 ONE of the most stimulating, exciting days I've had for ages! - Had lunch with part of cast of There Shall Be no Night - Sat by Montgomery Clift - Sooper. - Leonard (missed another?) Philo-Web Dinner - The THE PLAY - God, Beautiful.
1942 WED FORMAL DINNER... QUITE AWFUL... DIDN'T STAY FOR THE TREE... I KNEW Paul WAS WAITING... WE MADE POPCORN + TALKED. HE SEEMS VERA NICE... MRS. DONALDSON FASCINATES ME. REMIND ME TO WEAR Red FORMALS WHEN I'M 50!
1943