JANUARY 3

1939 11:15 Feel Swell. But only 1 day of grace is left - in which to accomplish an unbearable amt of things. I've got to keep going full steam until after exams!
1940 Marg + I had so much fun. - We got up late; by time I finally got ready to go up to school, it was time for lunch... Donna Jean + Bette + I went to "We Are Not Alone"
1941 1:30 Robert wanted to play bridge tonight, so we played bridge. R. Howard is a "good kid" (-Still thinks I should join the Club) All I did was record grades, go to the dentist + make brownies-
1942 1:00 Just about enough of quiet evenings home with a good book! - Although Thurber was MARVELOUS. Hope this cold jag breaks up before school starts D.J. + I went to "Babes on Broadway"
1943 AMEN! - ONLY I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A GOOD BOOK, tonight... GLAD I DON'T HAVE TO START IN TEACHING AGAIN tomorrow. BUT WISH I WERE GOING TO WORK, in a way. Leonard is CUTTING A STENCIL FOR SOME POSTERS TONIGHT. I WAS GLAD HE CALLED anyhow