JANUARY 7

1939 1:00 I enjoyed the afternoon in the Art Library with Bob + Hunk - telling fortunes much more than the evening - Well, I wanted experience + I guess I got it! (If that's the kind of an Ed. you get at Minn. U.!)
1940 Sunday - 10:30 - I went to church today and without my breakfast... This is just the beginning of a lot of very strong resolutions. I will get up in the morning!
1941 11- GEE, I HOPE I WAKE UP TOMORROW... DON'T SEEM TO BE ABLE TO MAKE MY MENTAL ALARM WORK ANY MORE... RADIO PLAYING FRENESI - I LIKE - JOSE WROTE A DAMN GOOD LETTER TO CLARA... HOPE SHE ANSWERS QUICKLY... HER LETTERS ARE SO SWELL TO GET... GOOD AS TALKING WITH HER - I'M HUNGRY... GUESS I'LL EAT A PRUNE + RETIAH!
1942 Just re-read "The Girls" Should have gone to bed instead. Good, busy day. Fresco started. Drawing Class. Creative Wr. Dinner w/ Emil + Wilber
1943 11:00 SLUMPED THIS MORNING... CUT OUT + STARTED A PINK FLANNEL NIGHTGOWN THIS AFT... CLEANED UP THE HOUSE - AND ME... D.J. and I WALKED DOWNTOWN [IN BITTAH cold] TO MAIL LETTERS... I'M PROBABLY too GARRULOUS... SHE SAYS R HOW'D IS DUE FOR A FURLOUGH. READ Mlle