JANUARY 17

1939 Tuesday 10:30 - Took Fr Test today (it wasn't as bad as I planned) (I am committing the sin of eating crackers in bed!) I just finished reports + now I've got to start studying Eng Drama missed game w/Y tonight wonder how it turned out
1940 Wed - 12:00 It is way below outside. - an effort to do anything when its like this... went to dentist - clean teeth - no fillings! ! I think I'll wear my slacks tomorrow!
1941 11- Dull... test papers... grades... more grades... Next semester? Phooey!... Wumkes did not materialize for the game tonight - I helped gals sell candy + ice cream cones - Hope I finish tomorrow
1942 11:00 Gave my last test today. Quite Rugged - Took me all aft. to correct papers... Eleanor came out after me. No Leonard, today. We had a nize dinner; sank into a stupor.
1943 SUN QUITE dull... WHAT ELSE WHEN IT'S 26 BELOW? IRONED A LITTLE... ANSWERED AN AD FOR fashion artist AT MARTIN'S... I GUESS I'D DO IT - FOR $150. WE HAD DINNER ABOUT 5:30... I WROTE A LONG LETTER TO Wilber AND READ A CHAPTER IN Cheney -