JANUARY 18

1939 12:30 Wednesday Studied for Drama this afternoon out at school with Ruthie, Dot - and tonight, too. - Revised some "pomes" for creative writing + had to read in class - Carp had everyone screaming with his character studies - Stan wrote about a Poker Game The Boys brought me home about 10:00
1940 Last night it got down to 24 below - I am not averse to using the tunnel these days! - test begin tomorrow, I have one Saturday - and I better study! 
1941 Sat Hell - looks like I'll never have a weekend to myself! - Slaved today + plenty to do tomorrow... I am a forsaken woman, so I took advantage of it... washed my hair (pinned it up) and clothes + bath + nails - + so to bed.
1942 1:30 (Jan 16) Bob + I cleaned up Art Room - Heard from Mr. Eide + Carp (who surprised me!) Eleanor + D.J. + I went to Suspicion - Made out my Exam for tomorrow
1943 12:00 EVEN IF IT WAS 26 degrees BELOW, I VENTURED OUT TODAY - MADE A COUPLE MORE POSTERS, WENT TO THE DENTIST - [ONE FILLED - HAD THEM cleaned] DEB SAYS THEY WANT ME TO DO THE REC ROOM OVER. DON'T THINK I WILL... MR. Eide WON'T HAVE ANY TRUCK.