MARCH 1

1939 12:15 Tonight we saw the "Ballet Russe" Maxime and the Con Con were super. I feel very good about nothing in general... (Some of the fellas from school were in the Ballet) - Mother + Dad are still gone... I'll be glad when they are back...
1940 1:30 I know I gave every out-ward appearance of being licked today. For a while I really felt (tonight) I was ready to quit. - But now I know I can do it! - PERSPECTIVE
1941 BOB + LEONARD STAYED MUCH TOO LONG TONIGHT... I COULDN'T BEAR TO MOVE THEM... NOT SITTING NEXT TO LEONARD (DAMN HIM) WOULD HAVE GIVEN ANYTHING, HAD HE KISSED ME TONIGHT... HELL... DIDN'T SEE GRANSKOV... OR SPITZNAGEL...
1942 Well, I actually got a little writing done. Not enough yet to read Wednesday. Everyone was over for dinner. Would like to have had Leonard! - But then - Walked out to school. Moon
1943 12:30 HELL, I SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SPOT A PUB. WE DID NOT GO TO Lady in the Dark I FINALLY WALKED OUT ON THE DEAL! - THERE'S ALWAYS A FIRST TIME, I GUESS. Registered w/ LUCY + HAUSNER THIS AFT... GOT 5 BEAUTIFUL FAT LETTERS THIS MORNING!