MARCH 3

1939 11:15 Mother + Dad aren't home yet - It has been snowing + everything is very still this morning - I didn't make my 11:15 class this morning - I drew all day. About 3:30 Del + I went over for coffee (I didn't see Tommy!) + talked for an hour. She worships Eide like I do I think. Mary was over tonight talking about hospital.
1940 - COME FILL THE CUP, + IN THE FIRE OF SPRING
Sunday - Egad, the luxury of a 
- YOUR WINTER GARMENTS DARK PENITENCE FLING
whole day of doing what I want to 
- THE BIRD OF TIME HAS BUT A LITTLE WAY 
Slept till 11:00 - And had a nap,
-TO FLUTTER- + THE BIRD IS ON THE WING!
this afternoon - I'll last, I guess.
1941 Monday 11 - work - work - work. And none of it means anything! - School till 6:00 - Back from 7:30 until 10:00. When am I going to write those plays? - Anyhow I'm not so bewildered!
1942 3:00 Wrote until 2:30... Don't know if More White is the Essence is good or corny. - We ate over at Eleanor's off her new china.
I'm booshed.
1943 WED 12:00 I think there could be many jobs worse than working up at Scholastic. Swell atmosphere. Mr. Mann (Herman!) took me to lunch. And I also have a date for Lady In the Dark (at long last). He likes my lay-outs, too!